Monday, November 29, 2010

This Is Not America - A Collection Of Stories



Dear friends,

Since I moved to NYC two years ago, I’ve been writing short stories on living in America, as seen through the distorted lens of a foreigner. So far I’ve published these stories right here. Today I have posted two Dutch stories on www.tenpages.com as part of my upcoming collection of stories This Is Not America.

Tenpages.com is a website, co-owned by 5 renowned Dutch publishers, where new writers can be discovered by readers. Readers can buy shares (€ 5 / $ 7 apiece) in a posted manuscript; when there are 2,000 shares sold, one of the participating publishers will publish the manuscript as a book.

I am asking you to help me publish my first book!

Of course, you probably can’t read Dutch. So, read the stories here; if after reading you think, Oh well, why the hell not? then go to:

http://www.tenpages.com/manuscript/this_is_not_america.

Click on "Koop een Aandeel" and buy a share (or more). All it takes is 100 people buying 20 shares --- or 80 people buying 25. If my book gets published, all share holders share in the profit. If less than 2,000 shares are sold, all shareholders will be reimbursed € 4 ($ 5) per share they bought.

Think big: a book leads to a movie; a movie leads to a Disney ride and before we know it we’ll all be filthy rich. Besides, you might enjoy the read, too.

Thank you so much for your support,

Cheers!

Carlijn

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the book...

    Check out the Daily Coyote (Shreve's book about living in America :)

    ReplyDelete